A passionate qualified hands on head gardener required for an intimate private estate of outstanding beauty.
The Grade 1 listed house is surrounded by formal and walled gardens cutting garden, trees, lawns, parkland ,woodland and follies.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining gardens to an exceptional high standard. With a visual eye to detail.
- Working alongside Estate manager, managing a team of gardeners
- Developing beds and borders.
- Overseeing of kitchen and cutting garden glass house and propagation
- Coppicing for plant support and materials.
- Organic weed and pest control.
- Composting and mulching.
- Vegetable Propagation
- Knowledge of plant identification with significant practical experience in horticulture supported by relevant (level 3 RHS or equivalent)
- Supervisory experience from a similar role.
- An understanding and experience of implementing relevant health and safety legislation and practise.
- Good communication skills within a team environment as well as happy to work alone.
- At least 5 years post qualifying full time working experience in a garden of similar statue.
- A flair for pot and container planting.
- Full clean driving licence.
- A passion for contemporary horticulture is essential as is management skills, enthusiasm and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The garden and scope of work can be physically demanding so a good level of fitness essential.
Hours 8am - 4pm
All applicants need to submit a full CV with covering letter by clicking on the Apply button below.