Do you enjoy working outside and making the world a greener place?
Biotecture are the UK’s leading specialist living wall company, we can offer you the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your horticultural career. Biotecture are part of the Mitie Group so you will benefit from being part of a larger organisation as well as part of our close-knit specialist team.
About Biotecture: We are living wall design, installation and maintenance experts and our mission is to reconnect people with nature. We pro-actively look after an ever-increasing number of living walls ranging in size from 10m2 to 2,000m2.
About the role:
Biotecture is on the lookout for a Maintenance Technician to join our fast-growing and close-knit team.
This role would be ideal for someone looking to become a specialist in maintaining living walls and seeking to take on more responsibilities. You will be working on prestigious living walls predominantly in London and around the UK.
Full training will be provided but horticultural maintenance experience is desirable. You must be happy to work at height to be considered for this role.
- Pruning and carrying out ongoing maintenance of plants as part of a team.
- Ensuring horticultural quality of all living walls in the field & reporting issues to the team leader
- Maintaining the irrigation and living wall systems in the field
- Maintaining a photographic record of the living walls
- Checking moisture levels, removing weeds, topping-up nutrients, treating for pests and diseases in line with instructions from horticultural quality manager & replanting as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Sound & demonstrable knowledge of horticulture
- Ability to work under own initiative, and ability to work flexible hours.
- Full driving license (desirable)
- Experience with irrigation systems (desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Hold the following active tickets; IPAF, first aid PASMA, spraying including PA1 and (desirable)
Does this sound like the right role for you? Please send your CV to email@example.com