Do you want to join a sustainable company helping to make the world a greener place?
This role will give you the opportunity to hone your skills and develop your career in one of the UK’s leading living wall companies. Biotecture are part of the Mitie Group so you will benefit from being part of a larger organisation as well as part of our close knit specialist team.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor with a passion for plants and horticulture to join our specialist living wall maintenance team, covering London and the UK.
This is a field-based role requiring a forward-thinking team leader who is passionate and dedicated, with a sound and demonstrable knowledge of horticulture and irrigation systems. The role offers real responsibility and chance of progression. It is an ideal position for someone looking to become a specialist in maintaining living walls whilst wanting to develop their management skills.
You will be leading a team who will be performing tasks such as pruning and maintaining plants, servicing irrigation systems, checking moisture levels, topping up nutrients, pest control, etc. You must be happy to work at height to be considered for this role.
Full training will be provided.
- Lead a team carrying out regular maintenance of our living walls including horticultural and irrigation maintenance.
- Deliver excellent customer service with the client on-site
- Champion health & safety across the maintenance teams
- Ensure compliance and effective delivery of Risk and Method statements
- Provide reporting in line with Biotecture’s processes
- Assist the management team to deliver and enhance the quality of all living walls delivered by Biotecture’s maintenance team
- Undertake continuous professional development to constantly deliver outstanding horticultural quality of living walls
Skills and Experience
- Passionate and dedicated
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of horticultural (essential)
- Full driving license (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining exterior irrigation systems (desirable)
- Comfortable to work at height from scaffold towers and cherry pickers up to 25M high (essential)
- Certification – IPAF, PASMA, first aid, spraying including PA1 and PA6a (desirable)
- Ability to work under own initiative and work flexible hours
- Excellent customer service skills
Does this sound like the right role for you? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org