Are you a dynamic individual with a passion for plants and horticulture? Do you want to become part of a friendly family-run business supplying quality plants to garden designers and landscapers?
If this sounds like you, we have a permanent, full time position (40 hrs per week, Monday to Friday) within our busy, established business, growing and sourcing plants.
Who Are We?
Established in 1981 they are a wholesale nursery growing perennials, grasses, potted bulbs, herbs, alpines & shrubs in the beautiful surrounds of the Kent countryside near Hever Castle. As well as the nursery we ‘piece together the jigsaw’ for our Landscape Designer customers using our own comprehensive stock & from other specialist growers. We also grow for award winning gardens at the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show. We are proud to say our own production is now all grown in peat-free compost.
Even in these challenging times we are looking to expand & grow our business.
This is an exciting role, liaising with garden designers for their plant needs. Day-to-day you will be:
- · Compiling quotes for garden designers/landscapers through our computerised nursery management system (Passfield – training will be given)
- · Purchasing and allocating stock via our computer system.
- · Liaising with customers regarding availability and delivery information.
- · Giving sound horticultural advice and plant suggestions.
- · Communicating with other growers both in the UK and abroad for out-sourced plants - ordering via webshop and email.
- · Providing excellent customer service via email, telephone or face-to-face on the Nursery. · Assisting the office team with day-to-day activities, i.e. delivery logistics and stock management.
Who’s Right for the Job?
- · Working within a small friendly team, the successful candidate will ideally need to demonstrate the following:
- · Possess a great attitude and pleasant customer manner
- · Reliability, initiative, discipline and working to deadlines
- · Good IT skills. (Experience with computerised nursery management software an advantage)
- · Excellent communication skills.
- · Horticultural knowledge and experience.