Our client, Mitie Landscapes has an exciting new role for a Head of Assets, Infrastructure and Logistics to join our team at the UKs leading FM company.
This essential role ensures:
- That our front-line teams have the equipment that they need to enable them to deliver our Grounds Maintenance and Winter Services at all times.
- That equipment procured, maintained, serviced, and repaired in line with the seasonal requirements of the business and business policy.
- That vehicles and machinery are maintained safely and in line with Company (Fleet team) and Manufacturers operating procedures
Equipment is serviced, repaired, and maintained at 3 Mitie Landscapes workshop locations – Bordon, Nottingham, and Scotland as well as with several key local suppliers. The workshop locations need to operate in line with seasonal business requirements. It is anticipated that this requirement will need to scale up over the next 24 months in line with the business growth plans.
Reporting to the Operations Director and as part of the Operational senior team, the role will be responsible for re-designing the existing provision to make it fit for planned business growth and peak seasonal demand. The role will be responsible for employment and management of regional service teams, warehouse teams, delivery teams.
In addition, it is expected that this role will drive innovation, efficiency, and high utilisation of equipment by gaining up to date insights of industry equipment which delivers operational and sustainability objectives.
It is anticipated that this role will be permanently based at either Bordon, Hampshire, or Nottingham, with regular travel required to all locations including Scotland.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive to be their best every day and are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring, and our people and customers thrive when we get this right. Flexible work is a great enabler of a diverse & inclusive workforce, at Mitie we encourage all applications for consideration.
- Mechanical knowledge and experience of equipment service, maintenance and repair
- Up to date knowledge of modern power units (incl battery power) and associated workshop techniques
- Experienced professional within the Horticultural/Landscaping Industry (preferred but not essential)
- Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and/or has relevant experience
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems.
- Communication and people management skills Essential
- Self-motivated and Proactive
- Proficient in high level use of Microsoft suite of programmes and good overall IT skills
- Able to undertake budget setting and demonstrate appropriate financial management
- Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal professional development
- Can demonstrate strong negotiation skills in procurement