We are seeking an energetic and valued contributor to manage and develop our Central Midlands (Derby/ Nottingham) region! Mitie Landscapes has a new opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our team at the UKs leading FM company. You will have full responsibility for the day to day operations in Grounds Maintenance and winter services and projects.
Agile, flexible working is critical to the continuing success of the Landscapes business, the ability to embed performance excellence through an operating model which supports operational seasonal peaks and out of hours customer support is critical
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will lead your grounds maintenance team, ensuring they deliver the exceptional every day.
You will be responsible for
- Developing growth and profitable operation of the area.
- Managing and developing a professional and effective operational team
- Implementing a positive health and safety culture
- To constantly strive to improve efficiency and utilisation of resources.
- Ensure the highest level of commitment to people management and development.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent customer service
What we are looking for
- In order to be successful in this role, you must have experience in the horticultural/ Landscaping industry.
- Previous supervisory/ management experience in a related industry is required.
- An excellent understanding of operational IT systems.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment
- Able to represent Mitie effectively at both internal and external meetings
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team effectively
- Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal professional development
- Leads by example in all role activities