To ensure that the garden, grounds and related policies of gardens are managed and maintained as nationally recognized gardens of outstanding historical and horticultural importance, contributing to the properties’ overall conservation and development, and its enjoyment by visitors and supporters.
The role of ‘Gardener’ as a key member of the team, will be heavily involved in the implementation of development plans for the gardens and wider designed landscape.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Undertaking practical maintenance of the garden and estate, managing trees, shrubs, herbaceous plants, and bulbs; turf care; pest/disease/weed control; staking, plant nutrition, composting and soil improvement to the required standards expected by the Trust and for the maximum safety of, and enjoyment by visitors including other professionals in the horticultural industry.
• As requested, assisting with education/interpretation activities such as introductory talks and guided talks;
• Fostering positive relationships with local communities and organizations and promote the work of the Trust.
• Supervising and working with volunteers to ensure they deliver required outputs at the appropriate standard, and gain benefit/satisfaction from their activities.
• Undertaking such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required to ensure the smooth running of the property as required by the Operations Manager.
• On occasion, contributing to the review and development of annual operating plans and operational workplans for the gardens.
• Ensuring compliance with the Trust’s health, safety, and environment policies and procedures.