Procurement Manager | Horticulture | Wolverhampton
Are you experienced within Horticulture Practices with strong mangement skills? Read more below!The Role
- To work effectively as part of a team, actively supporting other team members, whilst also being self-motivated to work on own initiative & without direct supervision.
- To be able to work accurately under pressure in a busy environment. To be innovative & creative in decision making & problem solving.
- Develop Improved Relations for Purchasing with other internal areas of the Business, particularly Sales & Despatch.
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand the needs of the customers and requirements to ensure that Purchasing can support the sales growth.
- Highlight and communicate any areas of concern within the operation in order that appropriate action may be taken by the management team and suggest solutions where possible.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to creating strong relationships with key suppliers in line with the overall Supplier strategy for each Business Unit.
- Maintain & nurture relationships between growers (direct) & grower groups through effective commutation and visits, and proactively.
- Work closely with the operational side of the business to ensure that a seamless service can be provided to the customer base including in the maintenance of the company stocks.
- Create, manage and achieve Departmental Budgets.
- Work safely and within company procedures as documented in the companies Environmental Management System, Plant Health Management System and Health and Safety Policies.
The DetailsWorking Hours:
- Be reliable, trustworthy and have a positive attitude.
- A professional attitude towards the company, work, learning and others.
- Be enthusiastic, practical and driven with an eye for detail.
- Possess strong Leadership and Communication skills.
- Have experience of managing a team.
- Have a 'Hands On' and 'Can Do' attitude.
- An ability to successfully negotiate & influence across all levels.
- Possess strong Time Management skills and Attention to Detail.
- Be highly analytical and numerate with strong Excel skills.
- Ideally you will be CIPS qualified or similar.
- You will have experience of working to KPI's.
- Must be a professional horticulturalist.
- Enthusiastic, practical and driven to succeed.
- Innovative and creative in decision making and problem-solving.
- Full driving licence required as travel to other sites and suppliers will be required.
39 hours per week, worked between 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 4.00pm Friday.Benefits:
23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years' service. Birthday Leave. Healthcare Plan. Pension. Cycle to Work Scheme. Referal Scheme. Employee of the month Scheme.
Interested to learn more? Contact Tor on 01780 480530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.