Forestry Manager | Estate Management | Dumfries, Selkirk, Roxburgh
Salary - DOE for the right candidate
Are you a budding forester who wants the opportunity to leave your legacy on the land? Are you a commercial Forester looking for a change to in house Estate Forestry?About Our Client
Our client is a diverse and innovative business with a passion for sustainable land use. Our clients commercial enterprises, include leisure & hospitality, agriculture, forestry, energy, rural estates property and commercial property, provide approximately 500 jobs in local communities.
The Forestry Dept. manage significant areas of forestry across the South of Scotland; planting an average of 800,000 trees per annum, whilst sustainably harvesting around 60,000 tonnes of timber.About the Job
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Forestry/Woodland Manager to lead an expanding program of forest management and woodland establishment across our Scottish Estates. With experience in both the application and delivery of native and commercial woodland creation, candidates should;
- Have sound forestry management experience and knowledge of GIS applications
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of grant schemes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Be able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and implement annual work programmes
- Manage contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, grant schemes and other industry developments
- Plan and control budgets, preparing costings and financial forecasts as required
Our client is progressive and will offer a a strong package to the right candidate, not only a competitive salary, but 30 days annual leave, private healthcare, car allowance and a generous employer pension contribution. The Ideal Candidate
This role will suit someone with proven leadership and management skills, a strong work ethic and confident communicator. Ideally will have experience with QGIS and an ICF membership, however this is not essential. How to Apply
There is a great salary on offer for the successful candidate and a package to match. They are keen to see a range of experience so the salary will be in line with experience.
If you would like further information about this role or any other opportunities within the Forestry sector, please don't hesistate to reach out for a confidential conversation. You can email email@example.com or speak to me directly on 01780 480530.