A pro-active, hands on and enthusiastic Head Gardener is needed to take care of a 5 acre private gardens and several acres of farmland on a family estate in Berkshire.
- Lead on garden design and grounds development
- Oversee and manage a small team of gardeners
- Hands on formal and informal gardening
- Implement and maintain a kitchen garden
- Upkeep of woodlands and informal grounds
- Maintenance of water features/lake
- Use and upkeep of garden machinery
You will have proven experience in managing private gardens with a highly organised and personable approach. Able to lead a small team with confidence. A full driving license is essential.
This is a full-time position with working hours of 7.30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, with cottage accommodation. A good salary is offered, dependent upon previous experience. Consideration will be given to a couple who are seeking positions in the same estate.