Our South-East London based client are looking for a highly experienced maintenance gardener to manage their gardening teams, liaise with clients and drive the business forward. This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday.
To manage and inspire the horticultural maintenance teams to deliver the highest standards held by the company. Ensure that the maintenance business is continually growing, increasing profit margins, and upholding its reputation. Manage the operations so that the business operates efficiently, and systems continually improve. Take on client-facing roles, maintaining and improving client relations. Take a lead role in project work (soft landscaping), from quoting to implementation, and developing new streams of revenue
They envisage this role to hybrid role combining office, Site work and business development
- Scheduling for Maintenance division.
- To be a Senior Gardener, joining teams on tools where needed and leading on planting projects. Holiday/sickness cover will likely fall to you in part where needed.
- Managing Gardens teams
- Ascertain & highlight training needs of team-members.
- Regular visits to key clients' gardens to keep abreast of any garden issues & head off any burgeoning issues before they become problematic.
- Communicate with clients and gardeners alike to ascertain seasonal planting needs. Quoting for and implementing extras/jobs over and above normal scheduled maintenance.
- Regular liaison/weekly reporting to directors.
- Dealing with New business enquiries
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of team-leading in high-end garden maintenance
- Experience of managing private gardens
- Ability to motivate and manage individuals & team
- Excellent communication skills, polite and diplomatic with clients and staff alike
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Organised & efficient with basic IT skills in MS Office & Google Docs
- Skilled in planting & plant care, pruning, pest control, irrigation, lawn works
- Familiar with working to a set of plans and setting-out drawings a bonus but not essential
- Able to delegate and get the best out of staff, able to reprimand when necessary.
- Pa1 & Pa6 an advantage
Requirements for the job:
- Excellent plant & pruning knowledge
- A can-do attitude
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in private garden maintenance
- Qualified to HORT Level 3 or similar
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Enthusiasm for your job