An exciting opportunity to support in the upkeep and to uphold the highest horticultural standards in the world renowned Valley Gardens.
Essential functions of the Job
• To assist in the overall maintenance and management of the Valley Gardens.
• To assist the Supervisor and Keeper of the Gardens in the planning and scheduling of work to meet departmental objectives and targets.
• To support in the delivery and implementation of improvements in efficiencies and working practices across the Gardens Department.
• To give guidance to team and ensure safe systems of work are being observed especially in regard to risk assessments.
• To identify and implement training programmes within the team.
• In the absence of the Supervisor supervise and provide effective direction and support to the Valley Gardens (Ops) Team.
• In the absence of the Supervisor liaise directly with the Keeper of the Gardens with regard to the scheduling and completion of all works.
• To conduct all duties in a professional and safe manner with due reference to relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work;
• To ensure all sites are maintained to the highest standards at all times.
• To agree on the appropriate plant, machinery and equipment for any given task with the Supervisor.
• To ensure all machinery is kept clean and maintained after use.
• To undertake a wide range of horticultural maintenance and landscape infrastructure tasks.
• To liaise directly with the Fleet Lead to ensure machinery and equipment is serviced and maintained.
• To ensure that all interactions with visitors are conducted in a courteous and professional manner and to represent the best interests of the Crown Estate at all times.