Nr Truro, Cornwall
Tregothnan is internationally famed as the home of English tea since 1999 and our family has lived on our historic estate with its picturesque and environmentally protected gardens since 1334.
We boast the largest private botanical garden in Cornwall, which has enabled us to ‘put the English into English tea’ and surpass producers from around the world.
No longer the ‘new kid on the block’, we are constantly innovating and evolving our teas, as well as producing honey and providing a plethora of experiences and holidays the whole family can enjoy.
We are now seeking a Gardener to maintain our breath-taking gardens on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week.
- A salary from £22,000 per annum
- 21 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
If you are an experienced gardener, this is a tremendous opportunity to apply your green fingers to nurturing our vibrant gardens that include rare species.
Set on the stunning south Cornish coastline, you will tend to our renowned private gardens, brimming with enchanting, vibrant and picturesque landscapes.
So, if this role sounds like your cup of tea, we want your expertise and passion and look forward to you joining our pioneering company and magnificent estate.
As a Gardener, you will take on a range of horticultural responsibilities across our gardens, ensuring they remain presentable and well-kept.
You will use a variety of pedestrian mowers to mow our lawns and ensure they remain tidy and well looked after whilst giving equal care to our hedges by carrying out strimming, pruning and chainsaw work.
Our plants require excellent care, and you will carry out cultivation, weeding and watering to ensure they continue to flourish.
Additionally, you will:
- Carry out pest and weed control, including spraying
- Undertake path and drive maintenance and construction
- Carry out landscape construction
To be considered as a Gardener, you will need:
- Previous gardening experience within a team-based gardening role
- Experience of using pedestrian lawnmowers, e.g. cylinder and rotary
- Experience in strimming and brush cutting
- Good plant knowledge
- To be conscientious and have good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- An RHS Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Horticulture
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Other organisations may call this role Groundskeeper, Grounds Person, Horticultural Technician, Horticulture Operative, or Horticulturalist.
Webrecruit and Tregothnan are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to work on our stunning, unique landscape as a Gardener, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.