GARDENER / HORTICULTURIST
An enthusiastic horticulturalist is required to join the team at Firle Place, an historic Grade I stately home on the edge of the South Downs near Lewes in East Sussex. The role requires the successful applicant to work well in a small dynamic team, as part of a larger Estate wide team. The varied and extensive gardens include both formal and informal elements including flower and vegetable gardens, greenhouses, woodland, ponds and parkland.
The opportunity provides varied and interesting duties including pruning (fruit trees, hedges, box hedges), weeding, watering, working at heights and mowing and strimming, Firle Place is open to the public during the summer months and a busy programme of events and weddings take place all year round. The applicant will be required to work in and around the public and be able to manage the conflicting demands this exciting and beautiful environment has to offer.
- RHS level 2 or above (or equivalent)
- A good knowledge of plants and passion for horticulture
- PA1/PA6, CS30/CS31 would be an advantage
- Competent in the use of garden machinery, including pedestrian & ride on mowers, strimmers, and compact tractor.
- Full time
- Location: Firle, East Sussex, 6 miles East of Lewes.
- Application deadline: (14 days)
Competitive package depending on experience. For further information please contact email@example.com or call Debbie 01273 858567.