Head Gardener in a high-profile private garden
Morton Hall Gardens were created in 2008, as an exciting amalgamation of 19th century style dramatic garden rooms and 18th century style open landscapes. The gardens encircle a Grade II listed late Georgian manor house on top of the Arden Sandstone Escarpment with stunning views across the Vale of Evesham.
Historic and contemporary features have been combined to create a garden journey through space and time: There are exciting displays from early spring to late autumn, amongst them one of the country’s most beautiful fritillary meadows, sumptuous formal borders in artfully orchestrated colour schemes, serene woodland gardens and, finally, stunning fiery foliage in the Japanese inspired Stroll Garden.
The gardens are open for groups by appointment to raise funds for charities, and on selected Open Days, including a three-day tulip festival in early May in conjunction with the Royal Shakespeare Company and Bloms Bulbs. Morton Hall Gardens have a very strong public presence both in printed articles and on social media.
As employers, we provide excellent facilities which enable our staff to achieve the highest standards of horticulture and presentation. We are passionate about our beautiful gardens and work as a team with clearly assigned duties and responsibilities.
We are looking for an equally passionate, energetic, and experienced hands-on Head Gardener to lead our dedicated garden team.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, NCH, HND, OND, City & Guilds, Kew or Edinburgh Diploma in Horticulture, RHS level 2, RHS Level 3, MHort RHS.
- Practical experience with tractors and their attachment
- NPTC PA1/PA6 Knapsack Spraying
- NPTC Brush Cutting/Clearing Saw (desirable)
- NPTC Level 2 Chain Saw Maintenance & Cross Cutting (desirable)
- Proven track record of high-quality horticultural work.
- People management and communication skills with proven experience.
- Ability to manage garden expense budgets
- Confidence and interest in public speaking
- Thorough understanding of relevant Health and Safety levels
For a detailed job brief for this exciting position please visit our website at http://mortonhallgardens.co.uk/head-gardener-recruitment
A unique opportunity to take guardianship of one of the most beautiful and up-and coming private gardens of England. Widely covered in the media
Recruiter: Morton Hall Gardens
Location: Worcestershire, near Inkberrow
Salary: Competitive remuneration. 2-bedroom cottage with private drive and garden.