A position has arisen to join a team in an exceptional Cotswold Garden to manage the ornamental and productive kitchen garden. The owners wish to further establish and enjoy their beautiful garden which exudes high end horticulture. The historic walled garden contains mixed borders of perennials, shrubs and bulbs, a large glasshouse, a productive garden and flower cutting area managed along progressively organic principals. This vacancy is for a competent senior gardener who can share the owners vision and achieve the high standards and presentation required within the extensive kitchen garden.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of the greenhouse including maintaining its heating and biological pest control
- Caring for the herbaceous beds, cut flowers, vegetables and fruits.
- To be responsible for another gardener who works primarily in the kitchen garden already.
Key qualities of the candidate:
- Experience as a skilled walled/kitchen gardener.
- Excellent communicator with their team, the owner and designers.
- Significant experience of perennials, roses, flower cutting and edible production.
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and organised.
- Able to demonstrate that they can consistently achieve the highest standards of horticultural management and presentation.
- Experience of private employment with the appropriate skills, etiquette and integrity to match.
- This is a very hands-on role and garden is not open to the public.
- An excellent package generously reflecting PGG 2022 salary guidelines.