Grosvenor Property UK currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Gardener to join our Landscape team in Mayfair, London.
As the Mayfair Head Gardener you will be a green fingered self-motivated person with creative flair to join our friendly professional landscape team in London. The core duties include the grounds maintenance of our Mayfair gardens including Grosvenor Square. At Grosvenor we understand that first impressions count and we know that greening can help transform a place. Successful applicants will have a creative eye, proven experience of high quality garden management, excellent plant knowledge and horticultural skills and show effective time and load management skills. Project management experience is also essential to this role as you will be required to oversee the implementation of Grosvenor Square landscape projects.
- Provide supervision of Mayfair team to deliver grounds maintenance and landscaping of any new projects. Ensuring what is delivered meets the design brief, in budget, on time and achieved within a safe working environment.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and manage a team of gardeners in amenity maintenance,
- Respond to requests from other departments and residents.
- Ensure working methods maximise efficiency in both labour and resources.
- Provide occasional guided walks, horticultural advice to all stakeholders including Grosvenor staff, charities, and students.
- To provide on-the-job training and horticultural guidance to apprentices and gardeners,
- Ensure that all staff in your area are trained on all machinery they use and that they are encouraged to undertake additional training courses.
- To ensure our customers comes first, by providing a visible presence with time to communicate on all issues relating to horticulture, adopting appropriate levels of care relative to the needs of the customer and maintaining a polite, respectful and helpful attitude at all times.
- Assist in the design and implementation of landscaping schemes for existing gardens and proposed projects.
- Ensure the delivered landscape meets the design brief, is completed on time, in budget and undertaken in a safe manner.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all hazardous substances are treated in the correct manner and the use of chemicals on the estate complies with all Risk Assessments and is recorded.
- To assist in the active management of the inventory of trees on the London Estate.
- Where necessary and appropriate, to instruct, co-ordinate and control external contractors and consultants.
- To ensure that all changes in legislation, new codes of practice, new official guidance and new working practices are communicated to your team.
You’ll love working outdoors and understand that our open spaces are as significant as our properties. As well as practical horticulture experience, you’ll have an NVQ3 in Amenity Horticulture (or equivalent) coupled with a good knowledge of plants. PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates are desirable, as is experience with interior and exterior displays. Applicants should possess a full UK driving licence and be up to date with current health and safety legislation. As part of this role you’ll be required to work limited weekends as part of a garden-team rota.