This is a fantastic opportunity to Team Lead a highly innovative and motivated team delivering the highest quality ground care in an inpatient mental health setting & wider estate.
West London NHS Trust is widely renowned for providing exceptional and innovative patient care. We are one of the most diverse providers of care in the UK and our staffs are dedicated to improving lives through the wide range of services we offer. Our aim is to offer opportunities to employees who are enthusiastic, create positive energy, and are highly passionate in delivering and providing excellent patient care.
This is an amazing job for someone who is passionate about parks and gardens and is driven to improve standards and patient experience. The Team Leader is responsible for a team focused on delivering day to day gardening operations within the Broadmoor Hospital Estate that includes intensive planting, open grassland, woodland & ecologically sensitive areas. The successful Team Leader will manage and organise staff so that they are working productively and safely to ensure that the green spaces are managed to the best possible standards with the resources available.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Grounds & Gardens Supervisor in all delegated management & record keeping tasks and to check and submit all paperwork as required ensuring that it is accurate, on time and compliant
- Actively work with & support Grounds & Garden staff and report back to line manager, covering a wide range of landscape & hospital requirements.
- To audit the quality of hospital grounds & associated garden maintenance, staff performance & adherence to work schedules, report back to the Grounds & Gardens Supervisor.
- To ensure that personnel are working safely & following strict security requirements at all times and that all incidents and near misses are reported and measures put in place to mitigate against these, following all Trust policies & procedures.
- To have delegated responsibility for the performance management and H&S of the staff.
- To be responsible for and have experience in proactively managing day to day resources including staff 1 to 1’s, sickness, holiday absences, HR issues & work Schedule performance.
- Experienced in the use & maintenance of a wide range of ground care equipment, including hand tools, commercial mowers, tractors & associated machinery.
- To carry out any other associated duties that may from time to time incidentally arise, develop or be assigned.
Benefits of working for the Trust include;
- Salary range £22,549 to £24,882 per year.
- 27 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays per year.
- 5 day working week (mon to Fri)
- 5% additional London fringe allowance.
- Generous contributory NHS pension scheme.
- Staff restaurant.
- Training provided.
To apply for this position please go onto NHS Jobs – Broadmoor Hospital – Grounds & Gardens Team leader. http://jobs.westlondon.nhs.uk//job/v1862471
Please contact 01344 754652/ 754328 for further information or assistance.