Imagine stepping away from the desk and having 400 acres of beautiful forest as your office? The Grounds Services Team is responsible for managing and maintaining our forest landscape, including wildlife and biodiversity surveys. Our expert teams are extremely passionate about the natural environment at Center Parcs, which our guests love to see.
- Longleat Forest, Warminster
- £12.10 per hour
We have two Senior Ranger roles available within our Grounds team at Longleat Forest:
I.Forestry and Estates
Covering FORESTRY AND ESTATES
You will be responsible for supporting the Ground Services Manager in the effective management and supervision of the department in accordance with the Company and Legislative requirements, ensuring efficient and disciplined working practices, and the highest level of guest care is provided at all times.
You will oversee all aspects of Forestry and Estate work as detailed within our forest management plan and ongoing maintenance programme. You will also carry out and manage your own key task areas under the guidance of the Ground Services Manager.
This role also requires you to participate in the department’s call-out rota as the senior representative of the department as required.
You must be prepared to attend for additional duties during periods of adverse weather conditions.
You will have experience in both forestry and estate work and ideally you will have previous supervisory experience.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a recognised landscape industry
- A minimum of one year’s supervisory experience
- You should have a good knowledge of natural history and have an interest in nature conservation
- Driving our Ground Services vehicles onsite will be essential within this position so you must have a full clean manual Driving Licence
- Previous experience in the use of agricultural, forestry and horticultural machinery, along with a certified competency in use of pesticides PA1 and 6a
Covering INTERIOR LANDSCAPES
You will be responsible for maintaining high quality interior landscapes in accordance with the Company Standards of Performance and Planned Maintenance systems. You will supervise and direct the interior landscape team and assist with strategic management of interior landscapes, including the iconic Subtropical Swimming Paradise.
Our Subtropical Swimming Paradise is home to between 2000 and 2500 plants from all over the world, including the Amazon, Asia and Africa, so this is an amazing opportunity to work in a truly unique environment.
- High quality maintenance of plants; including watering, pruning and plant bed maintenance
- Implementing and monitoring pest control plans and strategies and assisting the Grounds Team when required, with external landscaped areas
- Assisting the Grounds Manager with the effective control of and development of annual budget for interior landscapes
- You must be prepared to attend for additional duties during periods of adverse weather conditions
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking, with the ability to work alone and as part of a team. You should be naturally cheerful and have the ability to communicate well with people.
- Significant practical experience in horticulture and / or internal landscape maintenance
- Driving licence
- An NVQ Level 2 qualification in Horticulture or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
Whichever division you join us in, you will be contracted to work 150 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis. This means that your days and hours of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours will include weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and / or New Year on a rota basis.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Management/Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- Access to Perks at Work Portal - offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application. Please indicate which position you would prefer in your covering statement.