The Royal Gardens at Sandringham are looking to recruit a Gardener with a thorough understanding of horticultural principles who can work as part of an enthusiastic and established team on a number of exciting projects being undertaken within the Sandringham Estate.
Set in the beautiful Norfolk countryside, just minutes from the North Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the gardens are nestled within the grounds and parkland of the 20,000 acre Sandringham Estate.
With a minimum two years’ relevant experience and a broad knowledge of plants, the successful candidate will have an excellent eye for detail and take pride in delivering high horticultural standards. Experience in operating and maintaining horticultural machinery is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to develop their horticultural career in a prestigious and historic Garden.
Key tasks and main responsibilities:
- To care for, develop and maintain a diverse range of plants, trees and shrubs.
- To work as part of an enthusiastic team to deliver projects and improvements.
- To have a good understanding of horticultural presentation standards and how to maintain them year-round.
- To assist in the preparation for special events and ensure the gardens are presented to the highest standard.
- To have the ability to work as one team and collaborate with other departments.
- To adhere to all Sandringham Estate Health and Safety policies and safe working practices.
- To work alongside, and lead, groups of garden volunteers.
- To use and maintain garden machinery and powered hand tools.
The successful candidate will:
- Present themselves well to colleagues, visitors and guests.
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, horticultural principles.
- Have a positive attitude to safe working practices.
- Be expected to grow their knowledge base, skill set and develop any other areas as identified in the annual PDR meetings.
- Work towards the department’s annual objectives alongside team members.
- Have a good understanding of basic IT systems.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence.