This is an exciting opportunity for a Gardener to join the team at Trewidden Garden, one of the ‘Great Gardens of Cornwall’. Situated just outside Penzance Trewidden has an extensive collection of woodland plantings set within the hills of West Penwith.
This is a permanent position 5 days per week.
This role comprises of but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the day-to-day maintenance and development of the garden, taking delegated responsibility for aspects of the work.
- Ensure the highest standards of conservation, horticulture, and visitor experience.
- Assist in a range of practical horticultural work to develop, enhance, and conserve the garden (and the wider landscape) and contribute to the delivery of associated projects.
- Develop your own horticultural skills and knowledge with in-house training from the experienced team.
- Work as a team player alongside colleagues.
- Engage with visitors to the garden to deliver the best possible visitor experience.
- Plan and implement work with visitor access and their interest in mind.
- Provide an excellent service to all our customers.
- Be smart, polite and helpful at all times.
- Assist with any other tasks which are reasonably requested.
Horticultural qualification to Level 2 or higher is desirable but not essential (dependant on experience).