Park Manager (Cassiobury and Oxhey Park)
Town Hall, Watford
£39,467 - £43,828 per annum including London Weighting
About Watford Borough Council:
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; the borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a glance:
- £1.4bn local investment happening – a mix of public and private funding
- Five major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3,500 registered businesses
- Higher than average working age population
- Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
- To manage Cassiobury Park and Oxhey Activity Park in partnership with a range of internal council departments, external organisations and partners. The role includes the management of Whippendell Wood SSSI
- To manage the high-quality landscapes, biodiversity, facilities, amenities and standards that have been developed through Council Strategies and the Council’s and NHLF’s investment in the park
- To be responsible for maintaining and developing effective relationships and be the main point of contact for the local community, Friends of Groups, Councillors, Council Officers, Tenants and Partner organisations, including the Council’s partner, Veolia
- To own, develop and deliver the Cassiobury Park 10-year Management and Maintenance Plan (2016- 2026), the Green Flag Management Plan for Oxhey Activity Park and develop business plans and innovative ideas to support income generation and a vibrant community in our parks accessible to all
What we are looking for:
Cassiobury Park is one of Watford’s award-winning premier parks covering an area of 143 hectares, including Whippendell Wood SSSI, Cassiobury LNR and receives over two million visits a year to its high-quality amenities. It is managed and maintained to Green Flag and Green Heritage standards and is in the Top 10 of the People’s Choice for best public park every year. Oxhey Activity Park was opened in 2019 and is an award-winning and sector-leading new park, which focuses on wheeled sports (BMX, skateboarding, cycling, scooters) and appeals to all ages, located adjacent to the River Colne.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of Cassiobury Park in accordance with the NHLF 10-year Management and Maintenance Plan, the Green Flag award management plans and business plans for both sites. The role will have responsibility for the Community Engagement Officer who delivers the Education Function, the monitoring of maintenance across the parks and its assets, managing budgets, health and safety, delivering projects and developing successful partnerships with key stakeholders and tenants to provide the best recreational experience to the public whilst ensuring the natural, cultural and historical park resources are well protected.
We are looking for an inspiring and community-minded Park Manager to provide an on-site management function to support the long-term development of both sites, working to high standards, liaising with the public, councillors, partners, internal services and a wide variety of stakeholders. You will have experience in Parks Management, be able to prioritise, be highly organised, be able to deal with day-to-day matters and develop a long-term vision always with the community and natural environment central to your thinking.
A basic Disclosure check or DBS enhanced check (as applicable) will be carried out for this post.
So, if you’re seeking a new opportunity as a Park Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.