MarmaladeJam are a small, family run gardening business who have been planting and looking after private clients' gardens in London for over 20 years
We are looking for a highly experienced maintenance gardener to manage our 4 gardening teams, liaise with clients and drive the business forward. This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday.
To manage and inspire the horticultural maintenance teams to deliver great work to the highest standards. Ensure that the maintenance business is continually growing, building on its reputation. Manage the operations so that the business operates efficiently, profitably and that systems continually improve. Take on client-facing roles with existing & new clients, developing new streams of revenue. Lead soft landscaping project work from quoting through to implementation.
The working week is split by days in the office, attending client & new business meetings as well as horticultural work at project sites & clients' gardens.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of team-leading in high-end garden maintenance
- Ability to motivate and manage individuals & team
- Excellent communication skills, polite and diplomatic with clients and staff alike
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Skilled in all aspects of garden maintenance
- Organised & efficient with basic IT skills in MS Office & Google Docs
- Pa1 & Pa6 an advantage
Requirements for the job:
- Excellent plant & pruning knowledge
- A can-do attitude
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in private garden maintenance
- Qualified to HORT Level 3 or similar
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Enthusiasm for your job
- 20 days holiday allowance +bank holidays +Christmas closing
- Use of a company vehicle
- We will supply all tools, uniform, and a company mobile phone