Are you a Senior Gardener with excellent horticultural and plant knowledge experience? Glenbervie Estate is looking for you, situated 100 miles north of of Edinburgh near Stonehaven.
The Senior Gardener is needed to maintain the garden to high standards throughout the year and to help and design the garden for the future.
The established gardens extend for 12 acres comprising a traditional Victorian walled garden with large heated greenhouse, plants include orchids and bananas, woodland garden, several areas of herbaceous and shrub borders and lawns.
Photographs to be found on Instagram - glenberviegardens.
- Relevant previous experience including at least 3 years gardening experience with a private estate or household.
- Excellent horticultural and plant knowledge and plant husbandry including P&D control.
- Greenhouse experience with diverse range of plants including design and implementing displays 4. Excellent communication with family and the small team of gardeners, to ensure successful delivery of planting schemes indoor and outdoor to a high standard.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Experience with garden machinery including tractor mowers strummers and chainsaws
- Clean driving license
- Live in position – gardener’s cottage on site.
- Hands on year- round garden maintenance and development of all areas of formal and informal gardens
- Large heated greenhouse, maintenance and development of indoor plants as well as propagation of plants and seeds for outside borders
- Traditional walled garden, vegetable rotations, annuals, roses, fruit, herbaceous and shrub borders included
- Plan and implement short and long term maintenance programmes and planting schedules
- Lawn Care.
- Garden Machinery maintenance.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policy
- Conducted garden tours as required.
- Horticultural qualifications
- PA1 and PA6 certification.
- Chainsaw certification
- First Aid at work training
- Experience with wide range of machinery