BOTANY GARDEN MANAGER
Full Time, 35 Hours per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Head of Biology to renovate and maintain the school’s historic Botany Garden and pond into a space that:
1. Facilitates the Biology Department’s teaching of ecology, basic botany and pond food webs
2. Demonstrates food’s seasonality
3. Provides cut flowers for the school events
4. Enhances the biodiversity of the school site
The Botany Garden Manager will also be responsible for liaising with the Head of Biology to promote students’ awareness of the Botany Gardens and will run horticulture clubs for different year groups to allow students to take part in the maintenance of the Gardens and pond.
We can offer you:
- The Opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place JAGS amongst the leading schools in the UKA community of considerate, creative and compassionate students and staff
- A highly diverse and inclusive school community, committed to our bursary provision
- An inspiring and enthusiastic team of colleagues across the teaching and support staff
- Generous pension scheme
- A wide-ranging benefit package including lunch, gym membership, free access to the Dulwich Picture Gallery and the cycle to work scheme
Please visit our website www.jags.org.uk/about/employment to download a JAGS Support Staff Application Form, candidate pack and full job description. For further information please contact email@example.com or James Allen’s Girls’ School, 144 East Dulwich Grove, London SE22 8TE. Letters and CVs only will not be accepted.
Closing date: 30 January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 31 January 2022
Applications will be reviewed daily and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified deadline, if a suitable candidate is found.
JAGS is committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion in our school community. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people are at the heart of everything we do and JAGS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate.
Reg charity No 1124853