Partnership Manager - Senior Species and Habitats Officer
You would be working with a conservation charity who consistently deliver successful conservation, forging powerful partnerships with other organisations, and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves.
You would be employed within a partnership which includes largest green service provider in the UK. You must be wholly dedicated to providing green services and passionate about ensuring a bright future for our parks and countryside.
Our client seeks a part time (4 days per week) partnership manager to oversee a national partnership and manage the new local partnership in London.
What’s the role about:
You will be working closely with both parties, to deliver biodiversity enhancements across contracts in London, the Midlands, Northern England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The role will lead on the national partnership (3 days per week) involving leading and managing the team associated with the partnership, which have five members of staff dedicated to them.
It will involve further developing and growing the partnership to create more synergistic conservation opportunities.
The role will also involve managing and delivering the newly established partnership in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The partnership supports & leads community groups, helping them deliver parks management for people and nature.
We are therefore seeking a self-motivated, entrepreneurial dynamic individual to lead the partnership. Do you have the relevant ecological knowledge and extensive experience of working successfully with partners, to deliver what nature needs?
The role is part-time (4 days per week), flexibly located, but with 1 day per week on the project in Hammersmith & Fulham. You must be self-sufficient yet able to work in a team, both internally and critically with our partners and stakeholders.
About the role
Main duties will involve:
- Lead the team of biodiversity advisers, enthusing and empowering them to deliver more for nature.
- Be responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of the partnership through quality assurance and risk management.
- Ensure effective engagement with senior stakeholders to maintain a high level of commitment from both organisations.
- Seek development and growth opportunities to grow the impact of the partnership furthering the conservation delivery objectives.
- Be responsible for growing, collating and reporting the impact of the partnership to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure effective promotion and communication of the outputs of the partnership to stakeholders, both through formal reports and media publications.
- Be responsible for the managing and tracking the budget associated with the partnership.
Leading on the partnership in Hammersmith and Fulham, you will:
- Ensure that the work is in line with the Master plan.
- Oversee the delivery of the Biodiversity commissioners report and support response to climate change.
- Provide annual surveys including fauna and flora surveys.
- Train operational staff at in understanding biodiversity and conservation management.
- Take a lead role in the creation of a teaching resource, working with third sectors partners to deliver the program and attract match funding.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, biodiversity management is a high priority.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholder organisations
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with subcontractors and consultants where required.
Additional work areas, you will:
- Seek further opportunities to work in strategic business partnerships to deliver nature conservation.
- Monitor developments in the external world: be the leading technical expert in conservation delivery through greenspace management: develop and maintain technical expertise in this specialist area to help inform conservation delivery.
- When needed, produce written materials: writes and overseas production of technical publications (e.g. management handbooks, advocacy reports), to ensure the quality and profile of our conservation work and align with strategic objectives of team.
- Represent our client on relevant external platforms; typically, government/industry/NGO expert groups, to maintain their profile and influence in wider conservation delivery communities.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject or ability to show equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience of successful partnership working, ideally between conservation and business organisations.
- Ability and confidence to work closely with a wide range of senior level stakeholders, developing positive relationships
- A proven track record of providing ecological management advice for UK species and habitats
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) including an ability to speak confidently and in public to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to rapidly analyse significant quantities of information, prioritise and balance a diverse workload often to tight deadlines.
- Competent user of core MS Office programs.
- Proven ability to demonstrate successful time-management and organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Project management and implementation.
- Technical expertise within field of responsibility, including where appropriate, the ability to assess risk.
- Successful project management demonstrated by delivery of stated objectives, within budget and on time.
- Proven, effective, staff management experience.
- A full driving licence.
- Higher degree in related subject.
- Budget management.
- Project development.
- Confident and capable of being a public face to specialist audiences, as well as general audiences via the media.
- Experience of carrying out ecological surveys, either voluntarily or through work experience/paid employment.
- Health & Safety applying to working with volunteers and site management (e.g. risk assessments).
- Experience of making funding applications
If successfully recruited, once in post you will demonstrate your good fit by:
- Demonstrating a willingness to make decisions and take action.
- Being prepared to take on new challenges outside your comfort zone.
- Adapting your leadership style to suit the different needs of their people.
- Placing their main focus on important priorities.
- Is an advocate for what our client stands for and is trying to achieve.
- Creating energy in the people around you.