An exciting opportunity for an experienced gardener, to join a small and prospering award-winning garden management company throughout Surrey, taking part in all general and specialist duties, and assisting in the steady expansion of the business, leading to a complete team and garden management roll.
Your Garden Needs are responsible for maintaining and developing several large award-winning private gardens in and around the Surrey area and strive for the highest maintenance standards where attention to detail is key, providing a personal service, which is unique to each individual client.
As a member of the Your Garden Needs team, you must have comprehensive experience and knowledge of working in gardens to a high standard, an understanding of managing gardens annually, and dealing with plants with the correct horticultural practice. In the role you will have the opportunity to develop client and garden designer relationships, so a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a drive to go the extra mile are essential. It is important you have good teamwork skills and if necessary are keen to take instruction. Most of all, we would like you to bring a proactive and flexible approach to the role and to integrate into our small but growing team.
Responsibilities and Duties:.
- Competent at the annual management of various gardens, solely or in a team, to ensure that quality and visual appearance are maximised through correct horticultural practice. To include:
- Topiary, trees & hedges, annual lawn care, organic vegetable & fruit, plant care & pruning, pest & disease control, plant fertilisation, flower bed ongoing management, seasonal pot displays, machinery, and tool management.
- Be customer and standards focused and always demand the best – whether that be from your own work or that of your colleagues.
- Aware of all practices garden related.
- Plan, implement, and achieve garden maintenance schedules using provided digital software.
- Provide excellent customer service and provide sound garden advice, understanding their garden requirements.
- Be able to suggest improvements to the garden, pruning, planting, border layout.
- Managing, motivating, and instructing a team of staff and ensuring suitable standards are met.
- Ensuring health & safety standards are achieved.
- Completion of risk assessments when required.
- Maintain monthly vehicle and tool checklists and report to the business owner when necessary.
Qualifications and skills:
- Essential - A minimum of 5 years experience within the industry managing a range of gardening skills annually.
- Essential - A RHS Level 2 certificate in horticulture or equivalent.
- Essential - Able to reliably to commute to a location in Farnham before work commences.
- Essential - A genuine interest in gardens, working outdoors and horticulture.
- Essential - A drive to progress in your future career.
- Essential - An understanding of plants, including botanical names, pests, diseases, and management requirements.
- Essential - Knowledge and use of general garden duties, organisation and management of gardens, pedestrian mowers, hedge trimmers, general garden machinery.
- Essential - Driving license.
- Desired - Be a highly motivated individual, keen to improve their knowledge, skills, and gardens.
- Future prospects & increased salaries.
- Training and career development are encouraged and funded.
- Uniform, wet weather gear and PPE are supplied.
- Paid overtime.
- Up to 33 days of paid annual holiday.
- Yearly bonus’s
- The opportunity to work in beautiful award-winning gardens.