Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a world class stadium.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre, where the position of Gardener is based. The 77 acre site is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation and dynamic mass planting are some of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe. The Training Centre is home to a varied and flourishing range of mixed borders, over 150 new and semi-mature trees, memorial garden, kitchen garden and first-class player accommodation Lodge and BBQ area.
The successful candidate will need to be hard working, enthusiastic and have a strong focus on quality. Our ever-evolving range of herbaceous and shrub borders requires a highly skilled gardener, possessing creative flair, with experience in managing, maintaining and developing all aspects of these areas. The Club’s gardening team operate across multiple sites taking care and responsibility for the Stadium, Training Centre and any other associated areas.
To assist with the maintenance, management and development of the Club’s Training Centre grounds and affiliated sites ensuring impeccable presentation, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
- Maintain and develop all borders and gardens to an excellent standard.
- Perform general gardening duties such as planting, pruning including topiary hedge cutting, weed control and mulching, irrigating planted areas, leaf collection and snow clearance etc.
- Have an understanding of pest and disease.
- Have experience of operating machinery in a safe and controlled manner.
- Undertake any other duties designated by your line manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
- Follow the Spurs Way (Dare, Respect, Drive)
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems
- Values & respects others, builds relationships and collaborates.
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
- Proactive, energetic and self-sufficient.
- Good communication with line managers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A horticultural qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of plants and horticultural techniques.
- PA1 & PA6 spraying certificates (desirable).
- Experience with all types of horticultural machinery.
- Have an understanding of current health and safety legislation.
- Full driving licence.
- Free lunch on site
- Discounts from retail partners and in Spurs’ Stores
- Discount off Spurs visitor attractions – Dare Skywalk and Stadium Tours
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th January 2021