As Evergreen’s in-house International Gardening Guru, you'll personify everything that’s great about gardening. You live and breathe gardening and your mission in life is to get others to fall in love with it too for all its brilliant benefits from physical and mental health to a great sense of achievement. You inspire others and bring gardening to life for everyone in a way that is achievable for them.
You’ve definitely heard of our big garden care brands like Miracle Gro, Tomorite and Levington but you may not be so aware of the name behind them. Carved out of The Scotts Miracle Gro Company in 2017, Evergreen Garden Care is an exciting venture using trusted brands to build a world class garden care business. Our vision is to inspire anyone, everywhere, to create their own Green Oasis. And we believe in Inspiring Our People – that’s why we have made it one of our three strategic pillars alongside Building Our Brands and Strengthening Our Company.
It’s a great time to join us at Evergreen. Combining global presence across the UK, Europe and Australia with the power and integrity of some of the leading brands in Garden Care, our commitment to environmental sustainability and the excitement, challenges and feel of a growing business.
We’re working to build our consumer-facing brands through providing advice and inspiration to everyone interested in gardening and growing – find us at @lovethegarden on social media, or at lovethegarden.com.
About The Role:
You will be our expert guru in horticulture and gardening advice, based out of our office in Frimley.
- Be our in-house expert on all things gardening, growing and horticulture. Lead the thinking about gardening trends for product development, consumer & customer communication.
- Curating content for our website and social channels. You'll be a competent copywriter, understand the different seasons across the north and southern hemispheres and can easily distil key messages succinctly and simply for novice gardeners to understand. You will be a keen photographer and will help in curating an Evergreen photographic library documenting all types of gardens.
- Work closely with the international marketing team to input into New Product Development and portfolio optimisation.
- Providing insight into gardening and emerging trends to input to wider strategy and annual business planning cycle.
- You will be comfortable in front of a camera and at times may be called upon to be featured in interviews to promote gardening and our international portfolio of brands.
- Formal education in Horticulture, ideally to degree level or equivalent. Excellent technical knowledge of plants, plant care, gardening and garden maintenance with an understanding of required products and their uses. Demonstrable experience working in a gardening environment. Effective communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Understanding of social media, preferably with experience of marketing or educating about plants and horticulture.
- Willing to go in front of a camera or an audience to demonstrate and educate about gardening. Innovative and creative thinker, able to put ideas into practice with an understanding of the industry.
- High energy and collaborative team player with tenacity and resilience to build credibility and trust.
- Opportunity for growth and career development within a growing global business.
A Great Working Environment plus:
- Competitive Package incl. bonus Incentive Scheme
- 26 days holiday
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
Successful applicants will be contacted in January to progress your application. If you do not hear back within this timeframe, we won’t be taking you forward on this occasion, but please look out for future hiring opportunities.
We abide by GDPR requirements with regard to your application, if you would like to find out more information about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org