Assistant Project Manager
A hugely exciting opportunity has opened for an Assistant Project Manager to join our well established and dynamic team at Cameron. Based in Notting Hill, established over 30 years ago Cameron is a successful domestic and commercial garden design, build and maintenance company. We are committed to providing a progressive and inspiring work culture, which thrives on delivering excellent work and client relations. Experience in landscape gardening is essential as well as some construction and commercial knowledge.
This position offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on premium and innovative garden designs, within an expanding company who wants to learn. It requires someone who thrives on meeting multiple deadlines whilst overseeing several projects at any one time. The ability to read plans is essential, as is having some practical construction experience. The candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent people skills and will enjoy working with a growing Project Management team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The successful delivery of hard and soft landscaping of high end, large commercial and domestic projects.
- Overseeing the day to day requirements for all installations, e.g labour requirements, materials etc ensuring projects meet strict deadlines and budgets.
- Alongside the Product Delivery Manager initiate and lead project kick off meetings to enable clear structure of works and responsibilities.
- Creation of project timelines and workflow for internal scheduling and client information.
- Preparing, implementing and managing health & safety and quality procedures e.g CDM, RAMs etc for all projects ahead of installation.
- Liaison with clients, subcontractors, designers, and other external contractors on site to ensure translation of design to build is clear throughout.
- Resourcing and managing subcontractors, developing strong relationships covering all disciplines within hard landscaping.
- Resourcing and procurement of materials and developing relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Conduct pre project briefings and regular on-site meetings to ensure smooth installations and ensure projects are on schedule and manage quality control
- Occasional preparation of quotes and provisional costs/estimates using a comprehensive Excel system for both small and large-scale projects in between day-to-day operations.
- Identification of variations and additional works
- Assisting with monthly sales forecasting for completion on projects
- Analyse and undertake project reviews to improve project workflow and profit.
- Attend staff meetings
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge in construction/landscaping project management with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience of managing budgets as well as deadlines according to schedules
- Experience reading and understanding technical Design packages and translating them into quotations/ provisional costs
- Knowledge and experience of CDM15, H&S risk management, policies and procedures.
- High level of organization, and efficient time management
- Excellent attention to detail with high expectations of a high-end finish
- Excellent leadership skills and managing people; ability to communicate and negotiate effectively verbally and in writing
- Extremely self-motivated and committed to achieving excellent results
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility to re-prioritize
- Confident IT skills and use of all Microsoft Packages; Excel etc
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment where problems can be turned into solutions quickly
- A full driving license
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- To work on exciting projects with innovative professionals within a successful, developing company.
- Strong opportunity to personally and professionally develop
Please send CV and covering letter to Anna Neill, Head of People by clicking on the Apply button below.