Westway Trust are recruiting for a full-time Grounds and Gardens Manager.
The Grounds and Gardens Manager is a key role in the Trust where you will be responsible for managing, developing and improving all grounds and hard and soft landscaping belonging to the Trust spread over 23 acres in the North Kensington area of West London. This is very much a hands-on role, not an entirely office-based one, so in addition to providing strong management and leadership to the grounds and gardens team, you shouldn't be afraid of mucking in and working outside with the team on all sorts of practical tasks when necessary.
You will have a recognised Level 3 Work Based Diploma in Horticultural or equivalent with at least 3 years post qualification experience or equivalent working experience, with excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
Connection to or significant understanding of the local area and its social, cultural and political heritage would be highly desirable.
Principal Accountabilities include:
1. Provide strong management, leadership, supervision, training and instruction for the grounds and gardens team.
2. Formulate, implement and routinely review a planned programme of works.
3. Direct the grounds and gardens team to maintain, develop and improve all grounds and soft and hard landscaped areas.
4. Manage all reactive, unplanned work across the Trust’s grounds and gardens and oversee the team to undertake maintenance tasks as and when required.
5. Supervise and support the community gardener on the delivery of volunteer and community projects, both on the estate and in conjunction with local partners
6. Work with FM manager to produce relevant budgets and then forecast, monitor and control these.
7. Supervise and/or monitor contractors or sub-contractors working on all grounds and hard and soft landscaped areas on Trust land, whether employed directly by the Trust or not.
8. Demonstrate a customer-focused and courteous approach to local residents and members of the general public using any of the Trust green spaces.
9. Ensure all relevant Health and Safety standards are adhered to, and that training is given to the Grounds & Gardens Team.
10. Write and review all relevant risk assessments as required.
To view the full job description and apply for the role, visit the Westway Trust website.
Closing date for applications is 17 December 2021.