Walworth Garden is a charity dedicated to knowledge and nurture. We aim to improve lives by providing excellent learning and horticultural therapy in a garden that’s open to all.
Our main charitable work includes free horticultural training and Social & Therapeutic Horticulture for those in need. We also provide environment-first gardening services that individuals or other organisations pay for in order to generate surplus income to support our charitable work. The new Environmental Landscaping Manager will join the organisation at an exciting time in its development as we embark on a major improvement plan beginning in Winter 2022.
You’ll be joining a growing, passionate team, and enjoy a range of perks including:
28 days of annual leave per year, exclusive of bank holidays
An active employee support programme
Employee discounts and access to our short courses
Daily plant-based lunches made for and by staff and volunteers
The most beautiful ‘office’ in South London, with the company of an array of wildlife, including an office cat.
Walworth Garden works with some of the most vulnerable in society and safeguarding is of paramount importance. All staff will undergo a DBS check.
Purpose of the role:
The Environmental Landscaping Manager will lead and be responsible for all matters relating to the work of Walworth Garden Services Division (WGSD); maintain and grow its reputation as an environment-first landscaping operation; progress and implement innovative alternatives to the usual polluting processes of traditional horticultural behaviours, and take staff and clients with them.
- They will lead a team of staff to success; procure new and maintain existing contracts in all areas of operation; be responsible for the Health and Safety of all WGSD operations and train staff.
- This will include all forms of gardening work including but not exclusive to clearance, maintenance and hard and soft landscaping.
- They will also be responsible for:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all matters relating to WGSD.
- All of the organisation’s vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Ensuring the landscaping yard and all its elements, including waste is managed sustainably, effectively, efficiently, and compliantly.
- Leading on all ordering of goods, tools and equipment for the area, creating relationships with suppliers and ensuring best value for money.
In conjunction with other senior staff, the postholder will also be responsible for recruitment, selection, induction and overseeing the work of any volunteers that help with activities related to the principal accountabilities.
For more details, and to download the full job description and person specification, please visit our website at:
DEADLINE: Midnight on Sunday 12 December.