SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
An interesting opportunity has arisen for an Apprenticeship Trainer / Assessor in Greenkeeping and Golf Course Management to join the Rural Land Use Department within the North Faculty of SRUC. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience of preparing teaching material and assessing Modern Apprenticeship students up to SVQ Level 3 in Greenkeeping and Golf Course Management. The role will require on-site assessment visits across Scotland and a driving licence is therefore essential.
- be an active and engaged member of the Greenkeeping and Golf Course Management Team
- have a student-focused approach to teaching and learning and be able to engage students
- prepare practical activities
- deliver tuition and assessments to a high standard
- conduct student assessments in accordance with Awarding Body standards
- maintain appropriate records of teaching and assessment
- maintain appropriate records of attendance
- attend internal and external meetings as required
- update personal skills and qualifications
- contribute to checking the validity of assessment against the performance criteria being assessed, as part of SRUC’s quality assurance internal moderation processes
- actively engage in SRUC’s quality enhancement and communication strategies and their associated procedures
- actively engage in SRUC’s performance management processes
- develop and maintain links with relevant industry contacts in their curriculum area