Our Berkshire-based clients are seeking to appoint an External Works Operative with proven experience to work within their Earthworks team dealing with both commercial and domestic clients.
You will possess strong technical skills, a high degree of personal responsibility and will be expected to competently undertake ground works, commercial hard landscape, fencing, brick, block construction, fencing and carpentry.
- Setting out of the site using precision and accuracy.
- Use of laser level for setting out, height measurements etc.
- Installation of brick paving, natural stone paving and block paving.
- Installation of linear fencing, and screens.
- Installation of carpentry and timber.
- Installation of block and brickwork.
- Concreting and screeding.
- Installation of timber work / carpentry / fencing.
- Machine use – 360 excavators – Dumpers – Telehandlers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial, construction operations.
- To be self-motivated, organised and pro-active.
- Good communication skills within the team and customers, contractors.
- Ability to work on own initiative, efficiently in teams and be able to work co-operatively.
- The ability to adhere to strict health & safety procedures
- The ability to adhere to company rules and procedures regarding tools, equipment and machinery.
- A sound knowledge in all aspects of the landscaping / construction industry.
- Liaise with the client when required.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the specification / contract drawing, briefs from Managers and clients.
- Have experience in all aspects of external works, commercial hard landscape, drainage, groundworks and construction of roadways.