EXPERIENCED GARDENER WANTED – FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION 5 DAYS PER WEEK
(APPROX 40 HOURS) Approx £25,000 per year
The right candidate will be earning around £25,000 a year for a 40-hour depending on experience and qualifications. General working hours are 8am – 4pm.
You must have good attention to detail, be able to work efficiently to a high standard and independently without any supervision and be able to fill in weekly timesheets detailing the work carried out.
A clean UK driving license and van driving experience is essential. This is a hands-on role and you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working unsupervised in your past employment history to be considered.
The position is conditional on written verifiable references being received and the successful completion of a three-month probationary trial period.
A fully enhanced DBS certificate needs to be in place prior to being able to start work.
Skills & Qualifications:
The work will be a mix of maintenance, soft landscaping, and planting projects. The majority of the work is in schools but there are a few office jobs and large exterior gardens to look after too.
Duties specific to this role will include amongst other things, mowing, strimming, weeding, pruning, planting. leaf collection, hedge cutting, digging over gardens etc. You must be able to use the machinery used for these jobs.
Employees are expected to be reasonably flexible and this will include litter picking and watering where necessary. You must enjoy working outdoors in all weathers and have a keenness and enthusiasm for the work.
The ideal candidate would preferably have the following
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar position
- Full Clean UK driving license preferable
- A good knowledge of plants, pruning, lawn care, pest and disease identification
- Soft landscaping experience
- Formal horticulture qualifications are an advantage
- Friendly and polite with good client skills
- Fluent in English - Good work ethic – reliable, punctual, hardworking and able to work in all types of weather
- Physically fit with excellent teamwork abilities
Ability to write weekly timesheets detailing the work carried out.