This is a new and unique full time or possibly part time role within our business and integral to our ethos of supplying the highest standard of trees and shrubs to the industry. We are looking for an exceptional person to take on this position, who has good horticultural knowledge and experience not necessarily from within a nursery environment, but with the skill set necessary to make this role their own.
To look after the well-being and care of the companies containerised stock, making sure that the stock always looks its best and is of the highest standard. Monitoring stock that has been containerised for customers future orders to make sure they are kept and maintained to the highest standards. Generally making sure the nursery looks its best keeping areas clean and tidy. Producing reports and keeping maintenance records of works carried out as well as proposed.
- A knowledge of tree and shrub species and varieties
- Good pruning skills and experience
- Good reporting skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Willing and able to take on training as and if required
Requirements that are not essential but would be an advantage:
- Tree Nursery Experience
- Knowledge of tree and shrub pests and diseases
- Knowledge of irrigation
- Trained in operating access platforms
- Experience and or training in operating plant and machinery such as teleporters and wheeled loaders.
- Spraying certification e.g., PA1 & PA6
If you feel you have the requirements to take on this unique role, please in the first instance send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org