Hours: Annualised Hours (Summer 43 per week & Winter 30 per week)
We are looking for an experienced Horticulturist to work within our grounds maintenance team.
The successful applicant will have experience of carrying out general and skilled horticultural and grounds maintenance duties, including digging, forking, hoeing, weeding, grass edging, planting, pruning, hedge cutting and mulching operations. You will be able to use ride on equipment, operate vehicles up to 5 tonnes, including towing trailers and chippers etc.
All applicants must hold a current driving licence with Category C1+E or equivalent or hold a licence issued on or before 31.12.96.
For an informal discussion contact James Marston – 01384 814795
In return we can offer:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) depending upon salary and length of service
- Learning & Development – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
For more information and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 21st September 2021
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications, therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.