Are you a dynamic, committed, and enthusiastic leader with a proven track-record in nature conservation and wider countryside management? Do you enjoy working as part of an energetic and forward-looking team, and with wider stakeholders, to deliver our vision?
This a rare opportunity to take a leading role in a beautiful part of the country and an area that is extremely important for wildlife and landscapes. You'll lead and inspire your ranger team, as well as our many staff and volunteers together with wider stakeholder and partner organisations, in how they can also play their part in restoring a beautiful, healthy, and natural environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, and as part of the Management team, you'll play a strategic role in the future of the portfolio. Leading your countryside team, you will set and deliver plans to protect and enhance the conservation of our properties which includes wildlife, landscapes, buildings, and archaeology.
You'll be responsible for strategic planning and the operational day-to-day delivery of everything related to the countryside management on our properties.
You'll engage a wide variety of external stakeholders in delivering your work and you will enable a broad range of visitors to have outstanding and inspirational experiences through the quality of our welcome and the effectiveness of our conservation work.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A background in conservation, land management or forestry
- Experience in motivating, inspiring and leading people
- Experience in balancing conservation, access, presentation and visitor engagement
- Experience in delivering complex partnership working
- Safety and compliance experience
- The ability to manage budgets of 100k + and identifying new commercial income streams
- Experience in handling complex issues