Hard Landscaping Foreman
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity has opened for a Hard Landscaping Foreman to join our well established and dynamic business. Cameron, is renowned for designing, building and maintaining beautiful and innovative and cutting-edge gardens, it is based in Notting Hill and was established over 20 years ago.
The purpose of the Hard Landscaping Foreman role is to manage all on site project work in an organised and productive manner ensuring the end results are to the highest of standards. This includes supporting the Project Manager in quoting for the job, ordering materials at a schedule that suits the site and enabling a smooth operation in all site works being undertaken with the support of an assistant. Liaising with the Project Manager on queries and talking through pressure points to achieve the very best finished product to time and within budget.
- Carry out and manage day to day construction works and garden installations to the highest standard
- Manage day to day running of sites and assistant including timeliness, efficiency and presentation and avoiding disruptions to the schedule during the working day.
- Communicate effectively with project managers to ensure timely completion of site, highlighting issues that arise.
- Liaising with clients and contractors as required, keeping calm, polite and confident.
- Smooth organisation of ordering materials to site in a methodical schedule.
- Work to plans, setting out and ensure 100% accuracy on all drawings.
- Keep within budget on materials and labour on site.
- People management through the development of your assistant in learning new skills particularly in stonework and timber work.
- Ensure every garden is finished to the highest specification to gain both client and company satisfaction.
- Daily completion of job sheets highlighting future requirements using Salesforce.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- To support the Project Manager in the organisation of Unit 2 and all HL tools are kept in an ordered and organised fashion.
- Undertake overall yard duties to ensure all outside areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
You will need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the trade.
- Experience in working off plans
- To be skilled in stonework and stone construction – paving, cladding
- To be skilled in garden timber work – decking, trellising and fencing
- Knowledge of irrigation systems.
- To be able to take ownership and manage jobs efficiently from start to finish within the allocated timeframes
- To have an excellent eye for detail, carrying out work to the highest of standard.
- To be highly professional and organised
- To have some computer skills for completion of job sheets and ordering materials.
- Efficient time management.
- To be diplomatic and calm with clients.
Hours of work: 07.30 - 17.00 with 1 hour off during the day.
- Excellent salary depending on experience (30k +)
- Vehicle given for travelling to and from work
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Opportunity to work on a range of fantastic domestic and commercial gardens within an innovative company
Please send CV and covering letter to Anna Neill, Operations Director by clicking on the Apply button below.