NVQ Horticulture Level 2 OR minimum 3 years gardening experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide effective day to day operational delivery of grounds maintenance on multiple sites, working both independently or as part of a team that may consist of GM Operatives with varying levels of experience & horticultural knowledge. As a skilled gardener you will be expected to proactively maintain high horticultural standards & practices across the whole teams operations.
To be responsible for the high-quality delivery of the grounds maintenance and services as outlined in the output specifications. Delivering the agreed improvements in development/management plans and seasonal work programmes, ensuring all activities are undertaken in full accordance with prevailing Health & Safety guidelines.
CUSTOMER AND CLIENT CARE
- To create a positive impression with our customers and work to exceed their expectations
- Presenting a polite and responsible attitude at all times
- To understand what is important to the customer and to exceed their expectation.
Customer Contact / Visitor Engagement
- To communicate with customers politely and professionally
- Accurately report customer comments to supervisors
- To understand what the services of the company are and promote wherever possible
- To promote and wear the correct corporate clothing
- To ensure that areas are professionally presented, cleaned and that all sites are kept clean and tidy
- To act in a professional and confident manner, to accept responsibility, to work effectively to achieve results.
- To plan and organise your own time efficiently and to respond positively when under pressure and when confronted with problems
- To communicate effectively, to keep supervisors informed, and to listen and ask questions to ensure understanding
- Documentation to be filled in and returned to the supervisory staff for reviewing
Planning and Organisation
- To be efficient and organised, working to company systems, e.g. timesheets, works control tick sheets, rotas, absence request forms, etc to ensure that contractual performance obligations are met
Health and safety
- To read, understand and work to the companys Health & Safety Policy and use correct PPE: high-viz vest, ear defenders, gloves etc and to ensure that all staff in the company are wearing appropriate P.P.E at all times
- To ensure that any plant/equipment you use is used safely and only after suitable training has been given
- To understand and work to risk assessments and COSHH assessments and to report accidents and near misses
- To report any potential health & safety issues to your Team Leader/Manger/Supervisor.
- To be reliable in your attendance at work and to follow company rules and procedures if absent from work for any reason
- To be efficient and organised, working to company systems: e.g. job tick sheets, time sheets, weekly vehicle inspection sheets
- To make good use of the opportunity to discuss your work and review your job specification and to take an active part in planning changes and improvements as appropriate
- To ensure you are suitably trained/qualified for all work tasks undertaken, taking training opportunities where relevant.
- To identify opportunities and suggest alternative, better, more effective ways of doing things
- To act to help the company control costs and avoid wastage wherever possible
- To inform management of any abuse to plant and machinery that you are aware has taken place
Care of Machinery
- To understand the correct machinery items for the job and to understand the maintenance requirements of machinery
- Ensure appropriate checks and records are kept
- To utilise best, most economic and effective work practices
- To take responsibility as part of the team for delivering a quality service
- To show initiative and make suggestions for improvements that may lead to increased productivity
- To show a rigorous concern for the security of company buildings, vehicles, machinery and materials.
- Effective delivery of operations under your control
- Effective communication with Management & other members of your team
- Effective implementation of all Company policies and procedures