- A mobile role covering areas across London (South) - Beckenham, Camberwell, Croydon, Mitcham and Streatham
- 37 hour working week, Monday to Friday
- Starting salary of £21,449 and London Allowance of £1,610 per annum plus Benefits
If you are a skilled and experienced gardener with a passion for really great horticulture, if you want to work for an amazing organisation in peaceful surroundings amongst a wide variety of lawns plants and trees, doing a valuable job you really enjoy that gives you an enormous sense of pride, then this could be the role for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and capable gardener to join our team in maintaining our iconic horticultural plots at cemeteries and churchyards across the South East of England to our universally admired high standards
The successful applicant will be a keen horticulturist, in possession of excellent practical knowledge and a broad breadth of experience. They will be highly motivated and enjoy being part of a dedicated, enthusiastic skilled team who work well together when needed but are also able to work alone.
For more details about our organisation, please visit our website www.cwgc.org
We offer you:
- Generous pension scheme with employer contributions up to 15%
- Life Assurance cover of up to 6 x salary
- Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme
- A comprehensive range of Employee Benefits such as a 24-hour wellbeing helpline, Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous holiday allocation with 25 days rising by 1 day per year until you reach the max of 30 days
- Paid time off for all the public and bank holidays and paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Summer and winter uniform and a fully equipped van
- The opportunity to join one of the world’s leading horticultural organisation and to develop your career with us
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications as pertinent to the job are available.
- A commitment to providing learning and development opportunities to support the growth of all employees, both personally and professionally
We are looking for:
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ experience or training of at least NVQ2 or similar
- An excellent understanding of horticultural techniques and plant identification
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate the highest horticultural standards
- An understanding of Health & Safety and knowledge of sustainable garden practices
- Extensive experience with the use and care of a wide range of garden machinery
- A keen eye for detail and excellent communication and organisation skills
- A full driving licence is essential
- The role is practical and hands-on and requires commitment and a decent level of physical fitness
This may be the opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving your application.
How to apply:
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining what you can bring to the role and why you believe you can fulfil the requirements of the job, as outlined in the job description, by clicking on the Apply button below.
The closing date for applications is 24th September 2021 and it is anticipated that interviews will take place on week commencing 4 October 2021. Due to current Covid-19 Social Distancing requirements, interviews will take place using Microsoft Teams.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.