As our client continues to grow and expand, they are recruiting experienced Soft Landscaping Team Leaders.
As the Team Leader you will be leading a small team of Soft Landscapers on new home developments installing the soft landscaping to show homes, open spaces and plots.
As the Team Leader you will be responsible for producing high quality works for your team and delivering the required output per operative.
Tasks will include:
- Reading plans and setting out planting accordingly
- Turfing to the highest standards including prep, levels and laying
- Planting Shrubs, Trees, Hedging, Flower Beds to plan and with attention to detail with preparation and watering accordingly
- Working with the site managers, agents and customer service representatives ensuring they are fully aware of what we are doing and continually taking feedback for us to act upon
- Bark mulching to enhance the works completed
- Ensuring your team always comply with all Health and Safety guidance
- Ensure all PPE and full company uniform is always worn
- Ensure all machinery and vehicles are used correctly and kept in excellent condition, including cleanliness
- Clean all working areas thoroughly before leaving site.
- Ensure you and your team are providing a quality service and workmanship is always of the highest standard.
- Before leaving site, allow 15 minutes on your own to check all works complete for that day. If it is not acceptable, stay until the quality is acceptable.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum of 2 years soft landscaping experience
- Minimum of 1 years Team Leader experience
- Full clean UK driving licence (and transport to get to the yard)
- Recognised Horticultural qualification at NVQ 3 or above
- Highly organised with a desire to progress in your chosen career
- CSCS Card (higher site qualifications will attract increased pay)
- Trailer licence, PA1 and PA6 spraying, tractor, 360 digger, dumper, CAT and GEN scanner will all attract pay at the higher end of the scale.
- Highly competitive salary to match your skills and experience
- Pension scheme
- 20 Days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and your birthday. Extra Day per year after initial 2 years to a maximum of 25 days
- Travel time to and from the yard to site paid
- Overtime after 45 hour contracted hours per week
- Uniform and PPE supplied
Immediate and delayed starts available for the right candidates.