As our client continues to grow and expand, they are recruiting an experienced Contracts and Operations Manager in the Soft Landscaping Sector.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team in this growing company you will have two Supervisors as direct reports and up to 33 Landscape Operatives. As a team you will complete the installation of soft landscaping in the new home property development sector across Sussex, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Surrey.
This role has become available due to expansion and is mission critical to our success. We seek a highly organised, professional and ambitious horticultural expert with soft landscaping experience to lead the operational evolution of our business.
Tasks will include:
- Leading and motivating our team of Supervisors, Team Leaders and Operatives is a key function of this role. You will need to show through action and deed your ability to create a strong team ethic.
- Evolve our current systems and process to further improve our report and activity recording across the landscaping arm of the company
- You will be ultimately responsible for overseeing the landscaping and maintenance reporting directly into the Managing Director
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the customers on site and reporting on work updates and scheduling of works
- Performing work planning to maximise revenues and profitability for each team building reports and using data for continuous improvement
- Visiting sites to meet with Quantity Surveyors, Site Managers and ground workers
- Ensure all Heath and Safety requirements are met across the business both in the yard and on site.
- Where required ensure RAMS are in place and up to date.
- Build equipment renewal schedules and plan for a rolling equipment replacement policy
- Planning and maintaining the correct levels of staffing for the contracts we have in place and delivering first class customer service in doing so
Requirements for the position:
- Higher National Diploma or degree landscaping discipline
- SMSTS SSSTS
- Highly IT and digitally capable
- Proven ability to develop budgets
- Project management experience in the construction sector
- Operational planning, profitable works planning
- Proven leadership experience
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Highly organised with a desire to progress in your chosen career
- Highly competitive salary to match your skills and experience
- Pension scheme
- 20 Days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and your birthday. Extra Day per year after initial 2 years to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Health