Our Dorset-based client is looking for a Gardener to manage their outside space ranging from high end planting through to simple grounds work.
They should be qualified or going through qualification with a passion for our Estate. They are constantly looking for improvements to make the Estate better for guests and the horticultural side is a key part of what they do.
They are happy for someone who is committed to the industry but still learning. They are a young team focused on building the business, enjoying work, and not clock watching. The candidate should be happy to work unsupervised and willing to be part of the team who will get stuck into any issues.
They need to be confident, presentable, and professional. They will be working whilst we have guests on the Estate (who often like to chat about the beautiful gardens). The work can be hard especially during the wedding season when we will have house guests for weddings every weekend expecting a high standard of gardens and lawns. The gardeners work feature heavily in all the wedding imagery from our Italian Garden through to the waterfall gardens.
There will be many projects over the coming years which will need input from the Gardner.
Training will be supported and would consider live in as an option until the candidate could find accommodation locally.
This is a 8 acre site with plenty to keep a candidate busy. Including:-
- High standards of horticulture with opportunities to improve and develop the events and rental outdoor space. Lawns need to be beautiful. This includes new landscaping around the waterfalls and cliff gardens bring more opportunities to be creative.
- A nationally recognised unique development into the cliffs with wildflower planting to support the butterflies of this SSI area. Rooftop gardens newly planted require more development.
Small forest area
- Trees in the estate are unique to the island.
- Standard grounds support but need to design new eco areas for further development.
- Greenhouses for growing with potential to support other areas of the estate