Soft Landscaping Horticulturalist Foreman / Cover Foreman
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity has opened for a Soft Landscaping Horticulturalist Foreman to join our well established and dynamic business. Cameron Gardens, is renowned for designing, building and maintaining beautiful and innovative and cutting-edge gardens, it is based in Notting Hill and was established over 20 years ago.
This exciting hands on role, which is supported by one assistant, offers the opportunity to work on top end gardens within a motivated and talented organisation/company/group. It requires team player who is happy and able to show initiative and work independently; they will report directly to the Head of Maintenance in the office. Good people skills are vital and as a van is provided a full driving license is a necessity. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated with good horticultural knowledge, be passionate about gardening and have a desire to develop.
- Manage a soft landscaping team including timeliness, efficiency and looking smart at all times.
- Oversee and carry out general garden maintenance – including mowing, planting annuals and bulbs, pruning at the correct time, lawn care and overall garden development.
- Manage soft landscape element of garden installations.
- Working with clients on a day to day basis, keeping calm, polite and confidently answering their horticultural developing a good relationship.
- Be proactive in ensuring the gardens are of the highest quality at all times.
- Monitor GM sites for pest control.
- Highlight and communicate any problems or developments to GM Manager.
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Daily completion of job sheets highlighting future requirements.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of yard.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
You will need:
- Excellent horticultural knowledge with at least 3 years + experience in the industry which includes: Pruning, pest & disease control, Planting, Irrigation, Turf care, using horticultural machinery.
- A desire and passion to continually learn and develop
- A drive to deliver/create/nurture high standard gardens
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and water features.
- Knowledge of seasonal variations.
- To be highly organized and efficient at time management.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with clients, operations team and designers.
- Experience in managing an assistant and maintaining top end gardens.
- UK Driving license essential
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Good level of spoken English
Horticultural Qualification desired but not essential
- Excellent salary depending on experience (28k -35k)
- Vehicle given for travelling to and from work
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Opportunity to work on a range of fantastic domestic and commercial gardens within an innovative company
Please send CV and covering letter to Anna Neill, Operations Director by clicking on the Apply button below.