Our Client is looking for a Deputy Head Greenkeep for their site in Cheshunt..
The details of the position are as below
- To assist in ensuring the course is properly laid out, prepared and maintained to the required standard for members and guests to the Club.
- Work with the greenkeeping team to assist in the turf maintenance including mowing, irrigating and control of pests and disease on the greens.
- To assist in the maintenance of bunkers course furniture and holes.
- Operate machinery used for specific tasks whilst complying with standard operating procedures to ensure Health & Safety regulations are met.
- To attend training courses which are identified as necessary for the performance of the position.
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment.
- To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager.
- Undertake all operations in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Train greenkeepers and junior greenkeepers on equipment and procedures that are required for fine turf maintenance.
- Maintain open communication, ensuring all team members are well informed at all times and working collaboratively with other departments.
- Stand in as lead when Head Greenkeeper is on annual leave.
- Attend monthly client meetings with Head Greenkeeper and Regional Manager.
Qualifications and Education and other Requirements:
- Level 2 NVQ in Greenkeeping or Sports Turf Management
- PA 1, PA 6 and PA 2 preferred
- Full Driving Licence
- Further development training will be provided
- 5 years Greenkeeping experience.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in leading a team.
- Strong team orientation, work ethic and good communication skills