Tulchan Estate, a 22,000 acre sporting estate in the heart of Speyside, is looking to recruit a Gardener to manage our highly productive Kitchen Garden and wider guest gardens (holiday cottages and main Lodge).
The successful candidate will work closely with our Head Chef to produce a wide variety of produce for year round use in the kitchen. In addition, you will grow cut flowers and bedding plants for use in the main Lodge and holiday cottages.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for successfully delivering a sustainable, commercial kitchen garden and orchard. There will also be a requirement to provide cut flowers for use in the Estate’s two Lodges.
All areas must be maintained to an open garden standard at all times.
- At least five years’ experience in a productive kitchen garden
- Strong horticultural knowledge including propagation
- Skilled in use of garden machinery with qualifications as required
- Self-starter and happy to work alone
- Ability to manage own time and work load throughout the year
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of pride in their work
- Personable with a can-do attitude