An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced woodsman to work at a family home on a small estate situated close to the edge of Exmoor National Park and the award winning beaches of Woolacombe and Saunton. The estate is surrounded by extensive woodland, with many pathways and interesting features that help to make the setting for this position quite unique.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an efficient and practical approach to their work, requiring a minimum amount of supervision.
- Chain sawing
- Thinning Felling (not large coupes)
- Maintenance, replacement and building of pathways and steps
- Tree Knowledge
- Be physically fit as the position will be demanding at times
- Must have relevant chainsaw, brush cutter, spraying qualifications, as well as an awareness and appreciation of Health & Safety and the Environment.
- Own transport and driving licence essential
- Operate safety equipment, tools & machinery, provided by the Employer
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced woodsman who is hardworking and adaptable to change
- Be passionate about woodland maintenance
- Be willing to work outside in all weathers
- Have good communication skills
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently and using their own initiative but also have a strong understanding of the importance of teamwork
- Be willing to help out in other departments when needed