This is an exciting opportunity to join our client, a leading Landscape Design and Build Company to high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients. Established for many years the company provides residential and commercial hard and soft landscaping and ongoing aftercare services.
They are seeking an Estimator with experience gained from within the Landscape, Construction, or Quantity Surveying industries is required to provide detailed estimates for client projects, to negotiate through to order and complete pre-construction management.
Strong communication skills are essential as the position requires close coordination both with clients and internally with colleagues in estimating, construction, and design.
This is a post where flexible or hybrid working would be considered allowing flexibility for a candidate’s location
- Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new projects and tenders.
- Keep existing tenders / estimates up to date, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates, and maintaining communication with the client and contracts managers
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates, and including supplementary documentation.
- Gather first-hand information from sites, suppliers or others
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, achieving client deadlines
- Adhere to company values and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising customer satisfaction and profit, while minimising any potential risks to the company
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including site assessments and contract terms; update any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client
- Maintain relationships with existing clients keeping a sales-minded attitude, and seek out and build relationships with new clients
- Work with contracts managers and design team to help with development, innovation, and creativity on client projects
- Prepare and submit financial documents for management team review (KPI’s)
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
- Meet with client or prospective clients as appropriate.
- Represent the company professionally at all times.
- Client satisfaction is at the heart of this post. Clients should be regularly reviewed to ensure levels of satisfaction are maintained to a high level.
Skills & Experience:
- Hard landscape construction (hands on)
- Soft landscape construction (hands on)
- 2 years’ provable at estimating or QS in commercial landscape
- 2 years’ provable at estimating or QS in private client and design and build landscape
- 2 years’ provable at estimating or QS for a close competitor
- Financial understanding and management
- Dealing with clients – Strong Customer-Facing Skills, Sales
- Commercial experience – dealing with legal contracts and main contractors, valuations and variations, insurances etc
- Educated to Degree/OND/HND or similar in construction, quantity surveying, or landscape construction or horticulture (desirable)
This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious client focussed Estimator to develop and achieve in a highly regarded progressive creative business.
Alternatively, the candidate may currently be in landscape contracts management and looking for a change in career direction.