Our Client is an online nursery and although they do grow some plants, the majority are bought in. They turnover in the region of £1.5 million per annum and send our approximately 60,000 order pe annum.
Responsibilities are :-
- Receiving plant and plug deliveries and ensuring they are dealt with quickly and put in the relevant glasshouse and a location allocated.
- Providing a weekly list of plant requirements
- Picking orders daily and supervising other staff to pick orders in an efficient manner.
- Cleaning plants and training new staff to train and locate plants ensuring nothing but ‘Perfect’ plants are sent out
- Ensuring temporary staff are aware of necessary health and safety measures in place
- Ensure plant deliveries are checked for pests and diseases and any shortfall / damages are reported to the office
- All chemical logs to be kept in good order
- Ensure plants are kept in good health with respect to temperature control / moisture / pests and diseases
- Treat pests and diseases as necessary
- Keep nursery tidy and weed free
- Use automatic irrigation where possible and ensure all resources are used efficiently such as oil, electricity, water
- Organise / carry out maintenance of watering system, vent systems, heaters, greenhouse cleaning etc.
- Provide technical / plant advice to the office where necessary.
- Idealy has PA1 & PA6 and some formal horticultural training.